Pearl and Andy Lockwood are college consultants in Long Island, New York and are the entrepreneurs - nay, GENIUSES! - behind Lockwood College Consulting, which helps you achieve college success - for less!
Some fun, braggy and other facts about Pearl and Whatsisface:
- They met on the first day of law school. (Awwww!)
- They have four kids and two dogs
- You can catch them live, weekly, on Facebook, each Tuesday at 12:00 ET: www.CollegeTalkTuesday.live
- They host a monthly webinar via their College Success For Less Show
- Andy is the author of two best-selling books, How to Pay "Wholesale" For College and The Incomparable Applicant, each of which is available on Amazon (and make great holiday gift ideas, incidentally!)
- Their consulting, products and philosophy are NOT right for everyone - for them, college is about the 40 years after college, not merely the four
- If you're an uptight, mom or dad with pursed lips and a severe case of constipation because you take yourself too seriously, you will not like us, because Pearl and Andy view their job as REDUCING stress for kids and parents, not inflaming it
- They believe that there is life beyond "Rear Window Sticker" colleges
- Pearl is a huge Broadway fan, moved out to LA to sing in a band after college (Cornell) and currently goes to sleep at approximately 8:37pm, somewhere in the house
- Andy "played" (slight artistic license) basketball in college (Wesleyan)
Pearl handles the entire process of filing the FAFSA, CSS Profile and other financial aid forms.
Andy coaches a select group of college-bound teens through the process of choosing majors and careers, then backward planning, strategically, into a college list, THEN strategizing how to maximize chances of admission. He also helps families improve their eligibility for financial and and scholarships, and negotiate with colleges for more money.
More information is available by calling the office, 516.882.5464 or visiting CollegePlanningGuru.com